Welcome

This blog is dedicated to my quilts and new patterns.
I welcome all comments (good or bad).

I look forward to hearing from you. - Rene

Sunday 23 October 2011

Creativ Festival

Well as I mentioned, I was down at the Creativ Festival in Toronto yesterday. What a great day.
Taking the Coach bus down from Lens Mill Store, we made awesome time.Once down there I set out on my shopping mission. I met some great people and managed to stay in my budget. (Well slightly over. LOL)
I took a couple breaks and was out in the park watching all the people. They are so fascinating.
I saw several people pointing up to the CN Tower. Being the hick I am, I couldn't figure out what they were pointing at. Then the light came on and I realized they were looking at the people doing the Sky Walk.



Being someone who is scared of heights, I won't repeat what I was thinking! As much as I enjoy the show. I do enjoy sitting outside and seeing the sights. I am a country girl who doesn't get out much. (Ask Susan!)
I also had the cutest visitors while outside.
These little guys and the squirrels were not afraid of anyone. They are funny to watch.

So back to the show. There were not as many people this year. At least not on the Saturday. I did hear several of the booth's operators commenting that they were running out of things, so I guess Friday was much busier. I never get tired of checking out the new patterns and fabrics that you see down there.
Of course I hit Sew Sisters right away. I just love their booth. No goodie bags this year. Then I was off the Grantham Books. Can't beat their prices. I always try to get a couple books while I am down there.
I have to admit I went to every quilting booth there. I picked up a couple patterns and a new ruler. Can't wait to show Susan, and got an awesome deal on some thread. I am looking forward to the show in the spring. Yes I will be counting down the days. If you have never been, I do recommend that you go at least once. There is some great deals and great people who love to share their ideas.
Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment