Welcome

This blog is dedicated to my quilts and new patterns.
I welcome all comments (good or bad).

I look forward to hearing from you. - Rene

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Queen Anne's Lace

While helping my husband work on my truck this weekend, I watched a butterfly land on a piece of Queen Anne's Lace. There was something very striking about it. So being that my brain is always in create mode and my husband was busy looking for a tool, I decided to take a picture for later reference. By the time I got my camera though, the butterfly was gone. So I got my handy journal out and drew a quick picture so I could come up with something later. Of course I still thinking of that butterfly as we finished up with my truck and once supper was done I headed down to my studio to see what I could come up with. Than I remembered a technique I learned at the Creative Needle Festival this spring. I have been wanting to try it and this was perfect. The yarn in the flowers gives it a 3D effect which I love, and the butterflies were added on to add to the effect. It always amazes me what you can do with some scraps and some imagination. - Rene

No comments:

Post a Comment